Classes & Tours
Want to learn more about the Murals and the History of our area?
We offer Mural Classes and Walking Tours. Learn more about our Mural Program and the rich local history of the area by taking a tour or attending a class. We teach the Class throughout the year and offer Walking Tours during the cooler months of January – April.
1-Hour Local History Series: Get a Small Taste of Our Local History – FREE to Everyone
Each session will be held at Punta Gorda Isles Civic Association (2001 Shreve St, Punta Gorda) from 7-8pm
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019 – “Tails from the Harbor: History of the Fishing Industry (by the numbers)”
- Thursday, December 5, 2019 – Founder’s Week: “Punta Gorda’s Founder Isaac Trabue: The UnTold Story”
- Thursday, January 9, 2020 – TBD
- Thursday, February 13, 2020 – TBD
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020 – TBD
The History of Punta Gorda in its Murals – History Classes:
Join us as we present the history of the area as told through the murals throughout our beautiful City. Visit all 29 murals from the comfort of your seat while we present 450+ years of local history using the murals as a guide. Hear about the Mural Society and get a sneak peek of upcoming projects.
Presented in 2 Parts at the Punta Gorda Isles Civic Association (2001 Shreve St., Punta Gorda)
Part 1 – “The Early Years” – from pre-Spanish Exploration to pre-WWI
Part 2 – “Post World War I” – continues the story through modern day
Cost: $18/Class or $30 for both Classes
Class Size is limited so Register early at PGICA Office or Call 941-637-1655
|Part 1 – The Early Years||Part 2 – Post World War I|
|Tuesday, October 22||10am – Noon||Thursday, October 24||10am – Noon|
|Tuesday, January 28||1pm – 3pm||Thursday, January 30||1pm – 3pm|
|Monday, February 17||1pm – 3pm||Wednesday, February 19||1pm – 3pm|
|Tuesday, March 17||1pm – 3pm||Thursday, March 19||1pm – 3pm|
MURAL WALKING TOURS:
We had a very successful 2019 walking tour season and will be partnering with the Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce again in 2020 for these tours. We will be hosting weekly tours beginning January 14, 2020. Professional audio touring equipment is used and the tour sizes are limited so advanced registration is recommended.
- Offered every Tuesday from January 14th – April 7th
- Tour time: 9:30am – 11:30am (Check-in 9:20am)
- Each tour begins & ends at the PG Chamber (252 W. Marion Avenue, Punta Gorda)
- To Register call the PG Chamber at 941-639-3720 (Cost is $15pp)
We look forward to seeing you on a Mural Walking Tour and in a History class in 2020.